COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES – SOCIAL LOUNGE
Our social lounge has been a dedicated warm and safe community place for the last five years. It is now up and running again offering a range of free activities, please contact us for details Activities are free to attend and everyone is welcome to join!
Activities previously hosted in the social lounge include:
- Fitness for Fun – with a qualified personal trainer.
- Souper Saturday – free soup and a roll every Saturday.
- Dungeons and Dragons – groups hired out the lounge to play for a day.
- Snacks and Ladders – free snacks whilst playing a variety of board games.
- Table Tennis Club – ping pong for all ages and abilities.
- Music Group – groups hired out the lounge in the evenings to practise their music.
- Holiday Hunger Feeding Programmes in collaboration with BBC Children in Need – providing hot meals to children in half term.
- Santa’s Grotto – turned the lounge into Santa’s Grotto; free entry to meet Santa and a free toy.
- Remembrance Day Community Remembers Service.
- Weekly Prize Bingo.
- Home Schooling – tutors hire out the lounge for a few hours with their students.
- Monthly Local Councillor Surgeries.
- Gainsborough PCSO drop in events.
- Book Bus – children take books for free and donate some of their own books.
- Lots of fundraising events such as Red Nose Day, where we raised money by throwing cold sponges at members of staff, and Macmillan Coffee Morning.
- Free Food Shouts – we have these quite regularly, our biggest one is on Christmas Eve.
The social lounge is available free of charge for the community to organise and run groups, sessions or activities that help them to become the solution to identified needs or problems in their community. These services help to develop community cohesion and resilience, fight social isolation and improve the quality of the lives of its users through encouraging community engagement and participation in volunteering, training and employment opportunities.
AFFORDABLE FOODS GAINSBOROUGH
Before the onset of the Covid19 Pandemic the social lounge hosted at least one event every day. As soon as we can we hope to get these activities up and running.
|Diamond Art Support Group||Every Monday from 12:30pm – 2:30pm|
(hosted by West Lindsey Children’s Centre for ages 0-5)
|Every Tuesday from 2:00pm – 2:45pm|
|Knit and Chat||Every Wednesday 1:30pm – 2:30pm|
|Mindfulness and Relaxation||Every Thursday 11:00am- 11:30am|
|Free Cake Friday||Every Friday from 9:00am till the cakes gone!|